The Coronavirus is all over the news lately. Fresh, clean, drinking water can get scarce in these trying times. Bottled water prices skyrocket. But you can avoid all of this with one simple machine. In this post, we will discuss why you should consider installing a reverse osmosis system in your home or office and stay ahead of other future crises that arise.
What is a Reverse Osmosis System?
Reverse osmosis is a process that removes contaminants from feed water. It uses pressure to force water through a semipermeable membrane. It flows from the more concentrated side of the membrane to the less to remove contaminants and provide clean drinking water. The system uses this process to eliminate sediment and chlorine from water using a filter or set of filters. Many of these systems can fit under the sink, other water-giving appliances, as well as whole-home options.
Click here to get list of the top rated reverse osmosis systems.
Reverse Osmosis System Benefits
Reverse osmosis systems eliminate water-borne particles that are smaller than a water molecule. These particles include contaminants such as chlorine, arsenic, and a variety of other possibly dangerous minerals. Other benefits include:
Sodium and Lead Removal
– Those of you on low sodium diets will enjoy the removal of salt from your drinking water. This situation is especially useful for those of you who live near a water facility that may have excessive levels of salt. Lead can cause health issues when consumed at even small levels. You can experience symptoms such as higher blood pressure, nerve damage, fertility problems, and even brain damage if the levels are high enough.
– You’ve heard about how the government puts fluoride in the water to help strengthen our teeth. Many reverse osmosis systems realize this and allow for the safe passage of fluoride through the water and not remove it with the contaminants. Don’t want the fluoride? Other reverse osmosis systems will remove it from your drinking water.
Lower Energy Bills
– The system may not pay for itself for a while, but there is a monetary benefit to it. Reverse osmosis systems tend to use less energy than other kinds of water filtration systems. This enhancement is due to their superior capability of filtering water with much higher efficiency than older types of systems.
Better for the Environment
– Have you heard that statistic that all the discarded bottles of water per year stretch for miles? Be part of the solution by never using one again. Your reverse osmosis system will dispense pure water to your favorite glass, pint, travel mug, etc.
Ease of Ownership
– Your new reverse osmosis systems will be quite easy to take care of and maintain. Most units require a filter change every six months or so to keep them running at their peak capabilities. This frame of time is dependent on how many people live on the property, water consumed, and similar factors. You may replace the filters yourself or have a professional do it for you.
You Get Better Tasting Water
– Don’t believe us? Take a glass of your pitcher filtered water or favorite bottled water to a home with a reverse osmosis system and compare it. You will see that it is better tasting and hasn’t spent most of its life inside a plastic vessel. Additionally, you can also use this water to make all your favorite beverages from coffee to iced tea in your party punch bowl.
Who Can Benefit From Getting a Reverse Osmosis System?
Many of you can benefit from a system, not just for the home. Additionally, these systems are a great choice for:
- Upscale restaurants who want to provide a superior experience for their guests.
- Fish tanks to allow them to live longer, better lives.
- Those with sensitive stomachs who partake in “clean” diets.
- Laboratories that need the cleanest, freshest water for their procedures.
- Other medical facilities with a mandate involving specialty cleaning procedures.
- Finally, picky pets who only deserve the best.